Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Solar cookers

      I learned a lot about solar cookers. Reflcection is a big part of solar cooking. In solar cookers reflection is used to heat the food. When you place the food in the box, you place mirrors or some type of flat surface to reflect the surface to heat it. Ivanpah is a type of reflection. Ivanpauh has 170000 mirrors that reflects by the sun. Ivanpauh is a concentrated solar thermal plant in las vagas. When our class did a solar project, My group and I did queso. It heated pretty well and got up to a good enough temperature to eat. Solar cookers are a big part of this world. why? Solar cookers help people all over the world that can't heat food. So they come in and show the people how to heat food, so they can eat. Solar cooking has changed. I'm glad that I learned about solar cooking becuase now when I sit down and eat, I am blessed that I am able to eat food, when people can't afford it.





2 comments:

  1. Good blog. I learned a lot more about solar cooking and Ivanpauh thanks to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great blog. I did a solar cooker project at school and this gave me a little bit more information about solar cookers.

    ReplyDelete